GAINLite Thomson Reuters | Strategic Alliance with Thomson Reuters DataScope
Inexpensive entry point to reference data management
The GAIN solution offers clients a wide range of functions for the automatic processing of financial market data. Built on the foundation of the expandable GAIN framework, GAINLite Thomson Reuters is the basic version for the processing of Reuters data, acting as an inexpensive entry point into reference data management.
Caroline O'Shaughnessy, Third Party Channel Director for Thomson Reuters DataScope EMEA, says: "AIM Software's state-of-the-art data management package combined with the unrivalled breadth and quality of the Thomson Reuters DataScope service offers clients a truly scalable out-of-the-box solution for managing reference, pricing and corporate actions data across all asset classes. Pre-built interfaces to multiple databases and target applications facilitate a true consolidated best of breed choice for our clients."
Combined offering reduces price and consulting costs
This new solution ensures that reference data management no longer means a huge financial IT investment. Using GAINLite Thomson Reuters, any customer can start to integrate the data they need from a fully comprehensive source – and then plug it into their software applications for a combined price less than the data feed costs of some other providers alone.
This means major savings across the whole data space:
- Reduced datafeed duplication: Data feed costs can be reduced – simply by consolidating usage into a single source that covers all assets, markets and geographies.
- No more data gaps: With data feeds from Thomson Reuters, customers can be sure to avoid costly data gaps that hold up their enterprise and drive up costs in failed trades or delayed valuations.
- No more consulting projects: Datafeed implementation costs fall significantly – thanks to the transparency that an out of the box solution provides.
- No more costly interface maintenance: Using a managed data interface from AIM means that clients no longer have to maintain and support their data infrastructure. It's taken care of. But clients can also extend GAIN Light to cover their very specific needs, i.e. GAINLite is not a black box.
Future proof by modular approach
Thomson Reuters DataScope and AIM offer a complete solution to manage and distribute Thomson Reuters data to a department or throughout the enterprise. Using GAINLite Thomson Reuters, clients have access to consolidated Thomson Reuters data in a single, cost-effective source, with pre-built interfaces to leading back office systems. The combined solution is scalable beyond the basic features of GAINLite and can be used for automating corporate actions up to a full, end-to-end data management or golden copy solution.
Pricing data and static data from Thomson Reuters DataScope Equities, Thomson Reuters DataScope Fixed Income, Thomson Reuters DataScope Portfolio and Thomson Reuters Data Feed (RMDS) as well as other data sources is brought together using GAINLite Reuters. It can then be routed straight into back office systems such as Ambit Apsys, OLYMPIC, or Avaloq.
Josef Sommeregger, Head of Business Development at AIM Software, says: "This strategic alliance with Thomson Reuters DataScope means another step forward in AIM's global strategy to offer total data management solutions to the financial industry. This best of breed offering combines the expertise and know-how of both companies and will therefore help financial services firms to speed up the usually tedious integration process of data feeds."
About Thomson Reuters DataScope
Thomson Reuters DataScope is a total solution for historical and reference data needs. It offers comprehensive and accurate equities, fixed income, money markets, and futures data with a choice of delivery options from web-based to an on-site relational database. Thomson Reuters DataScope offers:
- Equity end of day prices and corporate actions from more than 180 exchanges
- Spot rates on 175 currencies, cross and forward rates, futures and options
- Unrivalled bond coverage with international content from Thomson Reuters along with renowned US taxable fixed-income security coverage from the EJV database, resulting from the partnership of the world's top brokers/dealers
- Unparalleled independent fixed income evaluations from Thomson Reuters team of bond experts who individually evaluate over 1.2 million securities per day, including Treasuries, Corporates, Agencies, Mortgage-Backed, Asset-Backed, and CMOs.
- Cross-referencing for front to back-office integration
- Global terms and conditions
- Unlimited open access for flexible use with other data sources