Who are we?
Who can you contact for privacy questions or concerns?
You may contact Austrian Data Protection Authority to report concerns you may have about our data handling practices.
You can contact the Austrian Data Protection Authority at the following address:
Austria / Europe
Telephone: +43 1 52 152-0
Which categories of personal data do we process?
When you visit our Website we may ask you to disclose certain information (e.g. when you subscribe/log in to our Website). We may also collect certain information on an aggregate basis when you browse the Website.
- Information Provided By You. When creating an account (if applicable) and/or registering for email newsletters and alerts, we ask you to provide us with certain information about yourself (e.g. your name and your contact information). You may also provide us with certain personal information when you purchase our software or services or contract with us for business purposes. For the purpose of maintaining and administering our Website and providing services to you and other Website visitors, we may store any such personal information you have entered on our Website or provided to us in any other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any messages, comments, any other submission through our Website as well as personal information provided to us in a process of business transactions.
- Communication Information. If you choose to correspond with us through email, via post or in any other way, we may retain the content of your correspondence, together with your respective address and our responses.
- Information from Third Parties. Our partners, contractors and other third parties may provide us with your personal information in the course of business or for statistical purposes from time to time.
Any privacy matters with respect to users who access the information on this Website via user IDs and passwords are regulated in the Individual Agreements with such users or their organization as applicable.
You may choose not to provide us with certain information, however that may result in you being unable to use certain features of the Website, purchase products or services offered by us or our partners and authorized contractors or otherwise transact or communicate or with us.
For which purposes do we process this personal data?
We use personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- For administering and managing our Website and business activities.
- For providing you with the services agreed to by us, as well as for other services you have requested.
- For performing research and analysis about your use and preferences with respect to our services or content.
- For notifying you of new services and products by us, our partners or authorized contractors which may be of interest to you.
- For performing other activities as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
What lawful reasons do we have for processing personal data?
We may rely on the following lawful reasons when we collect and use personal data to operate our business and provide our products and services:
Contract – We may process personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations.
Consent – We may rely on your freely given consent at the time you provided your personal data to us (e.g. when you subscribe to our newsletter).
Legitimate interests – We may rely on legitimate interests based on our evaluation that the processing is fair, reasonable and balanced. These include:
Delivering services to our clients – To deliver the services our clients have engaged us to provide.
Direct marketing – To deliver timely market insights and speciality knowledge we believe is welcomed by our business clients, subscribers and individuals who have interacted with us.
Legal obligations and public interests – We may process personal data in order to meet regulatory and public interest obligations or mandates. e may use personal information we collect for the purposes detailed in this Privacy.
Do we share personal data with third parties?
- We may use certain third parties to facilitate our business, such as our professional advisors and service providers that perform certain services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, IT service providers, financial institutions and financial service providers, delivery services, sales analytics, customer support, etc. Such third parties may have access to your personal information for use only in connection with those business activities may not use such information for any other purposes.
- We may receive or transfer certain personal information (e.g. customer data, email information) in the process of corporate reorganization including but not limited to acquisition or sale of assets, acquisitions, mergers and/or divestitures, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- We may disclose collected information where necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take any reasonable action against illegal activities, fraud, violations of our Terms and Conditions; to defend against legal claims and allegations; to protect and our rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, users of our Website or others; to comply with applicable law; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental authorities or as otherwise required by law.
- We may also share aggregated anonymised personal information with the third parties under the aforementioned circumstances, including sharing it with the third parties for the purpose of developing and improving the Website, its contents and the services offered to you by us, our partners, authorized contractors and other third parties.
Your personal information will not be shared with the third parties outside the scope of use and sharing as detailed in this Section.
Do we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area?
We store personal data on servers located in the European Economic Area (EEA). In some cases we may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Union and to countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal data. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data outside the EU are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EU to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU, such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses.
Any such other websites, as well as any other third parties with whom we may share personal information, may have their own privacy policies which detail their use, handling and disclosure of personal information. It is advisable that you visit the third party website to learn about their privacy rules and policies.
How long do we retain personal data?
We retain personal data to provide our services, stay in contact with you and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and professional obligations that we are subject to. Unless a different time frame applies as a result of business need or specific legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, where we retain personal data in accordance with these uses, we retain personal data for seven years. We will dispose of personal data in a secure manner when we no longer need it.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have put appropriate technical and organisational security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data (including sensitive personal data) from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We aim to ensure that access to your personal data is limited only to those who need to access it. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information. We may apply pseudonymisation and anonymisation techniques in efforts to further protect personal data.
If you have access to parts of our websites or use our services, you remain responsible for keeping your user ID and password confidential. Please be aware that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your personal data, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We take reasonable IT and procedural security measures to protect your personal information provided to us from unauthorized access and disclosure.
What are your data protection rights?
Your data protection rights are highlighted here. To submit a data request please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access – You can ask us to verify whether we are processing personal data about you, and if so, to provide more specific information.
Correction – You can ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.
Erasure – You can ask us to erase (delete) your personal data after you withdraw your consent to processing or when we no longer need it for the purpose it was originally collected.
Processing restrictions – You can ask us to temporarily restrict our processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of your personal data, prefer to restrict its use rather than having us erase it, or need us to preserve it for you to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim. A temporary restriction may apply while verifying whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to process it. You can ask us to inform you before we lift that temporary processing restriction.
Data portability – In some circumstances, where you have provided personal data to us, you can ask us to transmit that personal data (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format) directly to another company if this is technically feasible.
Automated Individual Decision-making – You can ask us to review any decisions made about you which we made solely based on automated processing, including profiling, that produced legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affected you.
Right to Object to Direct Marketing including Profiling – You can object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling. We may need to keep some minimal information to comply with your request to cease marketing to you.
Right to Withdraw Consent – You can withdraw your consent that you have previously given to one or more specified purposes to process your personal data. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. It may mean we are not able to provide certain products or services to you and we will advise you if this is the case.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This helps us to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. No fee is required to make a request unless your request is clearly unfounded or excessive. Depending on the circumstances, we may be unable to comply with your request based on other lawful grounds.